My Fractured Light launch party was a lot of fun. If any of you ever get the chance do one, here are a few tips so you're not stuck behind a table the whole time waiting for people to come to you.
1. Have a giveaway every 15 minutes. My giveaway items consisted of t-shirts, necklaces, and key chains - all items that promoted the book.
2. Have a couple of outgoing teenagers there with you to encourage entries for the giveaway. I had these amazing girls who walked around the store asking people to fill out a card for the drawing and to come check out my book. This was a tremendous help.
3. Have some yummy cupcakes. This drew over the children, which drew over their parents.
4. Have book marks or rack cards to hand out. I was surprised how many teachers and librarians I met. They will want your information.
5. Have fun! I met so many cool people, young and old. And the CRM (customer relations manager) was one of the neatest people to work with. She asked me to come back for Education Week and speak to young adults. I can't wait.
And here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.
Here I am with my stack of books trying to look cool.
This picture was taken right before I stuffed my face with ten of those bad boy cupcakes next to me. What you can't see is the miniature Fractured Light book cover on each cupcake made out of a sugar cube. My book tasted delicious.
Ooohhh! Look at me! I'm holding my book. (I really hate having my picture taken.)
Here are my two future PR managers, Madi and Joanna.
And finally, here's me looking like I'm taking a dump on the Barnes and Noble floor. I'm so classy. Where were you on that one, Madi and Joanna? :)