First and foremost I want to thank Lauren Ruth from the BookEnds agency for judging this contest. To get to know her better, read my interview with her here.
I am uber excited for the chance to offer another writing contest for all my totally bodacious followers.
The rules are as follows:
· Make sure your genre fits within Lauren’s interests: literary fiction, mystery romance, science fiction/fantasy, women's fiction, chick lit, historical fiction, steampunk, and young adult. In nonfiction, she's looking for memoir, parenting, family and relationships, food and lifestyle, business, popular science, popular culture, popular psychology.
· Email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org sometime time between now and August 11th. If you notice an error with your submission or don't see it posted within 48 hours, email me.
· Include your first name, title (in all caps), and genre, followed by your polished first 500 words. Do not stop in the middle of a sentence.
· Follow this blog.
· Spread the word via your own blog, twitter, or FaceBook.
· Politely critique two other entries. They will be listed on the right side of my blog under the Blog Archive. This will give everyone a chance to receive feedback to make their work stronger.
When the clock tolls midnight on August 11th, the contest will end. The entries will then be placed into the magic sorting hat which will randomly select 25. From these Lauren will choose a winner.
The winner will receive a partial MS (first three chapters or 50 pages) review. Second place winner will receive a book of their choice off Amazon. And the rest of you will be my best friends for life. See? No one’s a looser. J
(Fine print at the bottom: There's no guarantee of an offer-of-representation. I love Lindt chocolate balls. And Cheetos – the hard kind, not the puffs.)