Friday, June 10, 2011

Contest Winner

And we have a winner!

It was very interesting to see the judges reviews and whose entries they liked the best. We all had our favorites, but there was one entry at the top of each list...

Drum roll please......


Death by High Heels! It was well written, funny, had great tension, and flowed well. The author did a great job and will be richly rewarded with a book of her choice.

As for the other entries, I really was impressed. I didn't think it would be as hard as it was to choose a winner. I've already began returning your pages and will continue to do so throughout the weekend. I hope our comments help you on your writing journey.

Thank you so much for participating!

9 comments:

Michael A Tate said...

Thank you so much for hosting this contest. I learned a lot from your breakdowns of the other great entries and I look forward to digesting your comments.

Also, congrats to the winner!

Abby Annis said...

Congrats to the winner! Thanks for the fun contest, Rachel! :)

K. Turley (Clutzattack) said...

This was a wonderful workshop. Thanks for all the hard work you did!

Jeff King said...

Congrats to the winner!

Even though my book was in first draft form; I couldn't miss this chance... thx for giving it to me.

I had a blast and learned a lot, this in not goodbye--but a hello.

The McClellan Family said...

I want to read Death by High Heels! Let us know when it comes out! Congrats!!

Kylie Shelton said...

Thank you so much for holding this contest. It was fun and so refreshing to get some honest feedback. Congratulations to the winner!

Violet Ingram said...

OMG. I just found out I won. The kids have been hogging the computers for the past few days.

Thank you very much. This was the first book I felt I found my voice. If it finds a publisher I'll let you know. :)

B.T. Hoskins said...

Congrats to Violet! Thanks to the wonderful ladies who hosted this contest. I really enjoyed every aspect and I think there is a lot to learn from reading the words of others.

Peace~Love~TeenLit said...

have i missed the other email for ENVY or has your other reader gotten to it. I ask because i deleted a whole bunch of emails the other day and when i went to check recently deleted mail, of course AOL was having a malfunction. Theefore, i have NO IDEA what i deleted :(